I was thinking of how stupidly coward I am and I decided to make a list and share it with you.
1. I have a license that I don’t use. I’m afraid to drive alone. With someone too. I hate it.
2. The night terrifies me.
3. I can’t sleep without the tv on. I put the timer to 90 minutes but if I wake up at the middle of the night and is off, I freak out and turn it on. I don’t know how people can sleep in the dark, how???
4. One of my biggest fears is the sea but being even in the shore where it’s low, scares me. It’s a good thing i don’t like beaches anyway.
5. I’m afraid to speak with people on the phone, even with family. I don’t do it.
6. Not to mention the fact that if someone I don’t know talks to me ( which is very unlikely ) I never know what to say. This depends on the person but still.
7. It scares me to kiss a boy. Seriously, it takes me like months to feel comfortable with someone.
8. Being in a place with a lot of people is just aghhh.
9. I can’t go to a store and buy something alone. I’ve done it a few times but never on big stores.
10. I can’t get a job (a job where i have to deal with customers).
11. Even with my parents, I don’t sing (not that I can, that’s not the point) or dance or things like that. I just can’t.
12. I’ve never spoke English with anyone. Absolutely anyone. And just thinking that in a month I might have to do it, and that that’s going to affect the decision of if I stay or not with my brother in Ohio, makes my breathing so difficult.
My problem is not that these things scare me. It’s that I don’t do them. There are some people that are afraid of a million things but do them anyway. That’s what i have to work on. But really, some of them are just nerve-racking.
If you experience most of this fears, please let me know so I won’t feel so alone.